Anti-Money Laundering (AML) @ Adyen
For our partner Adyen, a large international financial institution, we are looking for students who would like to gain experience in a dynamic, agile company, which operates in a heavily regulated industry. We are looking for bachelor students who can challenge convention and safeguard the innovation that makes them the world's leading payments platform.
About the function
In the AML team, you will be working on one of the most challenging issues for the FinTech sector, namely compliance related to money laundering (AML). It is up to you to identify potential money laundering, terrorist financing or other fraud risks within Adyen's portfolio. With your analytical skills, you investigate whether the transactions pose a risk to the merchant and/or Adyen and intervene immediately to prevent possible risks in the future. These are your tasks within the team:
- You monitor high risk transactions within the Adyen platform;
- You identify merchants through customer analytics to decide if the merchant is actually a risk;
- You liaise with the account manager and the merchant to mitigate risk.
Furthermore, you are expected to actively look for ways to improve processes and find better insights into the portfolio.
About the company
Adyen is an international payment platform that allows businesses to accept transactions via e-commerce, mobile and point of sale. With offices around the world, Adyen serves customers such as Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Netflix and L'Oreal. At the heart of Adyen are speed, honesty and always an element of fun at work. You get the chance to create your own path within Adyen without hierarchy and boundaries. Adyen has a global team, encourages sustainable growth and does not stop until the work is done.
What we need
- You are a bachelor, premaster student, or master student;
- You are committed to working for at least 6 months, preferably a year or longer;
- You can speak and write fluent English;
- Your maximum travel time is 1.5 hours one way;
- You are available part-time for at least 24 hours a week, preferably more;
- You have to be available to work 3 full shifts a week, during office hours (Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30);
- After the first 8 weeks and a positive evaluation, evening shifts are also possible.
There are two shifts per day:
- 09:00 to 17:00 (100% pay);
- 18:00 to 23:00 (150% pay).
- You have the ability to work collaboratively while challenging the status quo and others' viewpoints;
- You have strong analytical skills and are curious to understand things;
- You can work in a high paced work environment;
- You have a natural sense of urgency;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer
- An opportunity to work at a unicorn company as a student;
- Opportunities to grow within Adyen;
- Various training;
- A competitive salary;
- 150% surcharges after 18:00 and during weekends;
- Hourly bonus by Jopp;
- Travel expenses covered after 10km;
- Free lunch at the office and dinner compensation;
- Possibility to work part-time or full-time.